Sunday, October 28, 2012

Update: Books I'm Currently Reading


Long time no see! I’ve been really busy during the last 2 weeks, trying to get used to college life. But I did buy a few new books and I wanted to update you guys on what I got and what I think about the books that I got.


First of all, I started reading “A Storm of Swords” which is the third book in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin (I’m sure most of you are familiar with the books since the TV show is such a big hit in the States).
I’m reading it on my Kindle, and it tells me I’m at 27%. I know that Storm of Swords is many people’s favorite book in the whole series, and I like it so far. However, I thought the beginning was a little slow, and I’m glad things are starting to get really interesting now!

Source: Goodreads






On September 27th“The Casual Vacancy” by J.K. Rowling came out, and, being a big Harry Potter fan, I had to get my hands on it immediately.
The first few chapters were interesting, I liked the descriptions of the characters and places. Now, a month later, I’m still stuck at page 130, because I’m not that interested in what’s going to happen. In fact, I feel like nothing has happened after the death of Barry Fairbrother on page 3 AT ALL. I really want to like this book because I adore J.K. Rowling, I really want to like it because I’ve been waiting for the book to come out for months… But I have to force myself to continue reading, and every time I find an interesting book I want to read I stop reading the Casual Vacancy.

Source: Goodreads





Just like yesterday when Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s “new” book, "Der Gefangene des Himmels” (The Prisoner of Heaven) came in the mail. (“new” because the Spanish original came out last year, and I waited for the German translation because it’s better than the English one in my opinion.)

Hey, if you’ve never heard of Carlos Ruiz Zafón or his books “The Shadow of the Wind” and “The Angel’s Game”  --> CHECK. THEM. OUT. !!!
Zafón is a Spanish author and “The Prisoner of Heaven” is the third book in a four-book-series.
I’m going write a review on the first three books once I’ve finished “The Prisoner of Heaven”.
Let me tell you one thing: The Shadow of the Wind (the first book) is my ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK. You have to read it! :)

Source: Goodreads





Wow, that was a long update! To summarize: I’m reading three books at the moment. Storm of Swords is slowly getting exciting. I want to like The Casual Vacancy but it’s so boring. Instead of finishing the these books, I keep starting to read new books, “The Prisoner of Heaven” in this case (which I hope will be as good as the fist two books in the series!).

Love,
Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you! Please leave a comment: