Monday, December 24, 2012

Top 5 Books I Read in 2012


I feel really bad about not blogging... But I haven’t discovered any new books during the last couple of weeks, and I haven’t had much time to read. 


Because 2012 is coming to an end, here’s my Top 5 Books I read in 2012:

1      Divergent by Veronica Roth
Source: Goodreads
I have already written a review on Divergent and I’m just really happy I’ve found this amazing book series this year. Also check out the sequel, Insurgent


2    Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R. R. Martin
Source: Goodreads

I recommend this book series to everyone who loves epic fantasy novels, like Lord oft he Rings. I’m halfway through book 3 and I’m hoping to finish it before the start of the third „Game of Thrones“ season. 


  The „Matched“ Trilogy by Ally Condie
Source: Goodreads

This is another book series I’ve talked about A LOT during the last few months... Matched was my favorite book in the series, but Crossed and Reached didn’t disappoint me. If you liked „Divergent“ or „Delirium“, I strongly recommend reading this trilogy


4     The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Source: Goodreads

I know many people have read this book years ago, but I only discovered it because the movie (starring Emma Watson!) came out this year. This book has made me laugh, cry, and stay up all night... It’s the perfect growing up, High School book, and I recommend it to anyone. You don’t have to be in High School to enjoy this book.


5     Der Junge der Traume schenkte by Luca di Fulvio

Source: Goodreads

I don’t think an English translation of this book has come out yet, I read it in German. But it was originally written in Italian by Italian Author Luca di Fulvio.
It’s about a single mother moving to New York at the beginning oft he 20th century, and about her son, Christmas. The setting, the story and the characters are amazing and I couldn’t put this book down until the very end.

Which were YOUR favorite books this year? Please tell me in the comments!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you! Please leave a comment: