Monday, May 20, 2013

25 BOOKS CHALLENGE: MAY UPDATE

Hello everybody, I know it's been a long time... 

and I'm terribly sorry for not writing more about what I've read. But the truth is that I really haven't had a lot of time for reading during the last couple of months. In fact, I didn't finish any book at all during the month of April.
But I did read some books at the end of March and the beginning of May:


Source: Goodreads
At the end of March I read "The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden" by Jessica Sorensen. It's a contemporary romance, a bit like Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (which has been my favorite book this year so far!).
It was a really quick read, I liked the characters and I liked Jessica Sorensen's writing, but the plot was really predictable... I'm giving it a 4 out of 5. A sequel will come out in the summer, which I'm definitely going to read! Check out Jessica Sorensen's website HERE to find out more about her and about her books!






Source: Goodreads
I also read "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton in March. If you haven't read any of Kate Morton's books, please do check them out! They're all stories about two or three generations of families, children finding out about their parents' pasts and all that. I love Kate Morton's writing, but the best thing about her books to me is the fact that her books are so unpredictable. It's always the same with Kate's books: You're 50 pages from the ending and you think you know what's going to happen, but trust me: You will be surprised. I loved the Secret Keeper, and I'm giving it a 5 out of 5!
HERE's the link to Kate's Website, check out her other books!






Source: Goodreads
I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I only started reading City of Bones, the first book of the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare, last week. I've heard so much about Cassandra's books, but somehow the fact that the main character of the book is 15 kept me from reading it. Damn, how could I be so stupid?
I'm going to do a more detailed review of the whole series when I've read all the books. I'm giving City of Bones a 4,5 out of 5. I really loved the book, and I'm so excited that I found a whole new book series I can get into!
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that the movie is coming out this summer (August 23) starring Lily Collins and (OMG!) Jamie Campbell Bower. CAN'T. WAIT!!!





25 Books Challenge: 12 out of 25 completed!!!

...(Yup, looking good!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you! Please leave a comment: