Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

I really want to talk about this book I've just finished. It's called "Hopeless" and it's by Colleen Hoover.

Basically it's supposed to be a YA romance.
Let me tell you the only thing YA about this book is the fact that the main characters are 17 and 18 years old. Apart from that there's NOTHING really YA about it. It has swearing and a lot sex in it without it being inappropriate.
I LOVED this book. So much. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it's over.

Plot:

Source: Goodreads
It's about Sky who's 17 years old. She's been home schooled by her adoptive mother until she decides to spend her senior year at a public school. She's having a hard time in school because her best friend, Six, isn't spending senior year with her in Texas, but in Italy. Also, Sky kind of has the reputation of a slut because she's made out with so many guys. But nobody, not even Sky herself knows the reason why she never feels attracted to any of the guys she makes out with.
Until one day she meets Holder (that's his last name BTW) at the grocery store, and Sky develops feelings for him.


 

My Thoughts:

It sounds like a cheesy love story. It's not. The further I read, the more complicated and intense the story got. And the more I read, the more I fell in love with Holder as well. He's too good to be true, but he still has his flaws. He's no Edward Cullen who's more of a parent than a boyfriend to Bella. Holder has a temper and a secret, and he and Sky were just meant to be together.

I seriously encourage you to pick this book up, I'm sure it won't disappoint you.
I'm giving this book a 5 out of 5 because everything was perfect. I loved the characters. I loved the unpredictable plot (although I knew what had happened to Sky when she was a little girl from the beginning).
I don't know if I've ever read a book that has made me laugh out loud and cry on the same page. It was a roller-coaster ride full of emotions. I don't have enough words to express how much this book impressed me.

THANK YOU COLLEEN HOOVER! (And thanks for the sleepless night last night, and for keeping me from studying for my business law final tomorrow. Haha. It was worth it!)

I'm glad I found out Colleen Hoover has two other books out (not "Hopeless" related books), that are supposed to be really good as well. Now I know what I'll be doing when my finals are over in two weeks. Read, read, read....
Check out Colleen Hover's website for more information, news and all that good stuff!


25 books challenge: 4/25 (January 31)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you! Please leave a comment: